Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Pretty Christmas Kitty


Hi again folks.

This card is going into two challenges today.

I followed the sketch at Friday Sketchers, which is a really lovely sketch - just right for the theme I wanted to use it for. . .

. . . Which is from The Little Paper Shop, and is Christmas - but not with traditional colours! So I opted for my favourite colour - purple (or lilac, whatever!)

The little Kitty is one of my own designs available in my blog shop Delicious Doodles, which I coloured with the usual watercolour pencils. I didn't layer her today, but just raised the whole kitty on foam pads, as well as the oblong underneath. Papers are from Tinker & Co, but I tweeked the colours a bit in Photoshop to get the right purple shades I wanted.

I added a bit of sparkle with some 'Glistening Snow Writer' on the background, and also on the sentiment panel. Topped off with the little hearts at the top, and an organza bow with sequin on it.

7 comments:

Julia said...

Very cute!! Thanks for joining our challenges : )

stampinsilvia said...

this is super cute! I love lvoe love that little kitty and that you choose to do it in purples! PURRRRRfect! Thanks for playing with LPS and you are very a bad penny!

Wishcraft said...

Such a sweet card, so cute! Lisa x

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

Adorable! Love the purples. The kitty is so cute and your shading/coloring turned out great. Thanks for playing with us!

Saskia said...

So lovely!! Kitty is looking gorgeous on this beautiful card!!

Saskia :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

What can I say but PurrFect.

ali x

Kim said...

Meow, that is adorable! Love how the paper looks like snow falling and blowing! Fabby card
Blessings,
Kim xXx