Thursday, 29 October 2009

Pink Rose

Hiya folks.

This card is going into three challenges this morning.

First up, the sketch, provided by the lovely ladies at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday Challenge:


Next up, the theme of Thanksgiving, or Gratitude at Crafty Creations. We don't do Thanksgiving here in the UK, so I opted for Thank You instead, hope that's OK guys??

And then at Sophisticat, there is a colour theme of Pink, Brown and a Flower, and it's my first time entering a challenge here.

After racking my brains and trudging through all my images on file, I opted for a Rose image that I had sketched last year but hadn't scanned to my compy yet (what a divv!).



Thus, duly scanned in and twiddled with in photoshop, I made it a pink one to go with the colour theme, and made it a biggy too! I layered it up with some large foam pads, and gave the petals a bit of a twirl for extra effect, and popped a wee gem on one for some sparkle.



Hope it doesn't obliterate the sketch layout too much. . . Ah, well - whatever! I shall load this one up to my blog shop Delicious Doodles in a day or two, along with some more Christmas images I am working on.

I used some scrummy papers from Raspberry Road Designs named Mocha Love. I took a bit of a liberty with the ribbon bit on the sketch, as I wanted to use a gorgeous felt flower trim I found at the local craft shop, which happened to be pink! Dead handy!

So there you have it, job done. Now for some lunch!!

23 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Omgosh Teri!! This is gorgeous!!! I LOVE it! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Lynda said...

Wow Teri this is a Stunner!

Love Lynda xxx

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful card Teri!! That rose is amazing!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

FABULOUS! Love it!

Diane Davies said...

WOW that flower is absolutely stunning!! Beautiful card. : )

Kelly Landers said...

Your drawing skills are simply amazing. That rose is phenomenal!! I love it!

mulberry station said...

Your card is goregous!! Absolutely love it!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

This is so gorgeous. The rose is perfect. wish I could draw like this.

Hugs Ali x

sweetbloominscraps said...

Gorgeous Card! The rose is beautiful!

blackdragon said...

Hello Teri... i hope you are keeping ok and enjoying a late sunny spell like i am... you poor scots dont seem to get the luck with the weather like us east of england lowlanders!
As always your own drawn images are perfect/brilliant/wonderful... etc.... YOU ARE SO TRUELY TALENTED,you never fail to amaze me. I love your card... as i love everything you do.... keep safe my friend hugs lynx.
Ooops nearly forgot... Thank you for joining us at SOPHISTICATS this week.... and i honestly hope you join us lots more.xxx

Karin said...

What a beauty! Lovely and intricate...a gift to whoever recieves it!

Jenn said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

Kim said...

Teri, this is breathtakingly gorgeous! That rose is amazing! Wowie...
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Avril Ann said...

WOW Teri, what a 1st entry, this is awesome, I love it, I love you for joining in with us at Sophisticat this week, thanks for the support my dear friend, I really do appreciate it, good luck with your challenges, and come back next week please....Hugs Avril xxxx

Karen said...

Gorjus card Teri, love your take on Avril's sketch. Fab flower. Thank you for joining in over at SOPHISTICATS and I hope to see you again soon.

Love Karen xxx

acreativeneed said...

Teri this is gorgeous! Your sketched rose is beautiful and I love how you curled the edges and added the gem! Thanks so much for playing the Crafty Creations challenge! Be sure to stop by on Monday as we are participating in a very special blog hop!
smiles,
Deena

Cheryl said...

this is so beatuiful just love it thanks for joining us at sophisticats this week love cheryl xxxx

jennruggeri75 said...

WOW! Your card is just amazing. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week!

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Hi ya, Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats this week Beautiful card! Love it.

Hugs
Lisa.xx
DT & Boss

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Great card, so beautiful and elegant!! Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations, Thanks!!

Saskia :)

Hope Jacare said...

Beautiful Thank you card! Thankyou for playing along at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

Lisa T said...

Very beautiful!

raindropecho said...

This card is absolutely okay :) Love that big flower - it's so gorgeous! Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Creations this week :D
- Ann