Monday, 19 October 2009

Notebooks and Tag/Topper Set

Hi all, and welcome to another wet and dreary Monday morning here in not so bonny Scotland!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Monday means it's time for a different challenge at Digital Ink Co. Have we got a fun one for you this week!?!

Our challenge is to make anything as long as it is NOT a card!! BOY have the DT come up trumps this time - you seriously have to take a look HERE.

We all got to play with some awesome images from the lovely Angela at Sewn Together, available at Digital Ink Co's Shop. You MUST get over there, they have a massive sale on, with up to 50% off their images until end of October - Fantastic!!



I was stumped for a while with this challenge I can tell you. I don't usually do things other than cards or toppers. I chose to make a topper (surprise!) and to alter a couple of notebooks that I had lying about, and used a lovely image called Morty the Moose, on his own, and with a Christmas greeting.





I took the covers off the large notebook and printed off some patterned papers to recover them with before replacing. I couldn't take the covers off the smaller book, as they were all in one like a book, so I just wrapped the paper round (like we used to do with school books - remember?). Then I coloured the images with my watercolour pencils, and attached them to the covers. Beneath the small book image I put some lovely organza ribbon, and made a BIG bow to put on the larger book.

Last I made the topper in 3 dimensions using foam pads, and added some dimension snow paint, and some glistening snow.



Why don't you head over to Digital Ink Co Challenge Blog and see the fantastic DT inspiration, AND see what's up for grabs this week - maybe we can tempt you to play along too!!

19 comments:

Saskia said...

Teri,

You did a great job! Lovely, lovely work!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Rose said...

Super cute Teri! Great project!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

AWESOME!!! I just LOVE this set Teri! Morty the Moose is just so cute I had to use him too! I LOVE how you've added the "snow" ... great idea! Well done my friend!! Nice gift set for the holidays!!

TannyP said...

Awwww...I just love Morty! You did an amazing job with these books and the topper, Teri! Soooo cute! The snow on Joy looks wonderful!

Jennifer Scull said...

this set is just adorable! the addition of the snow makes it all complete! love those papers, too!

and isn't the rain part of what makes Scotland so 'bonny'?!?! grins!! stay warm and dry. sending big hugs to help!

Micki said...

Totally adorable set!!!! I had such a hard time with this challenge, lol.... this is such a great idea especially with the holidays around the corner!!!! Love it.

hugs

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
These notebooks are gorgeous. so well done and so useful. I love them.
Hugs,
Fiona x

joey said...

Teri this is a gorgeous set! Joey.x

Sew Many Cards said...

Oh, I could REALLY use this and it's so perfect for the holiday season. I love the added snow that you did, everything is just so perfect!

Angela
SEWN Together

Arlana said...

What a fun project love those note books.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

I love your creations. That Reindeer is sooooo cute. Fabulous idea - will take on board for the future.

BTW I follow all the challenge blogs and write a list each day of all the challenges!!!

Hugs Ali x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Teri!! These projects are all so sweet! Love your pattern paper and your gorgeous coloring of this cute little moose. Love the notebooks!

PaperCrafty said...

These are too cute Teri!!

Kim said...

How cute is this set? I just adore it Teri! I can't tell you were stumped at all! Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Judy said...

Teri,

You always astonish me with your creations. I so love to come an read how your brought them to life! Thank you so much my friend!!

mulberry station said...

What a fun project and notebook. These are just adorable.

Avril Ann said...

Teri our lives seem destined to cross, Boni visited my blog, for the TT candle and asked me to enter it at the Digital Ink Co challenge, did not know you were on there. I have ordered one off your designs, but i want more, Love this Set, and the image is so very cute. Hugs Avril xxx

Diane Davies said...

I love what you did with these images. Just fabulous! : )

Michelle said...

Just having a look round Teri, love these altered books n stuff.
x Michelle