Monday, 12 October 2009

Little Mouse in a Teacup

Hiya folks,

Another Monday morning. Time for another challenge at Digital Ink Co. We had some lovely entries last week, I really enjoyed nosing round all your blogs! Thanks guys!

This week we have a yummy sketch for you:



The DT all got to play with an image from the lovely Judy from M+M Designz at the Digital Ink Co. Store - I chose this lovely little mousey in a teacup, isn't he so darn cute??!



I used Tinker & Co papers for the background, and then dotted some Pebeo Touch Gloss paint round the outside.

The image is coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, and layered up for the dimension. I added a wee gem on the sentiment, and recycled the huge bow from a chocolate box (gift for my birthday a while back).

The shape of the card was cut out by hand using the sketch as a template.

Your turn now then! Head over to Digital Ink Co. Challenge Blog and take a tour round the rest of the DT's blogs for some more inspiration. I'm sure they'd love you to visit! Why don't you play along with us too, there is a lovely prize on offer for the winner.

Now I hope you girls on the DIC. Team don't mind, but this happens to fit the challenge at Rosie Dee's this time, which is 'Coffee and Cream with a Cherry on top'. I translated the cherry bit to mean a splash of red . . . so the rose on the teacup is red to fit.

17 comments:

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Fitted perfectly with our challenge too Teri!

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's. Hope to see you again soon.

Rosie
x

Kim said...

Wowzers! you aim to please with this one ladybug! I would give anything if my watercolors looked like yours. What do you blend with? OMS or a blender? I think it's great that you can"double dip" on this card. Your ribbons are so very scrummy!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Kim said...

Wowzers! you aim to please with this one ladybug! I would give anything if my watercolors looked like yours. What do you blend with? OMS or a blender? I think it's great that you can"double dip" on this card. Your ribbons are so very scrummy!
Blessings,
kim xXx

brenda said...

Hi Teri

What a great card, that image is super cute.

Thank you for joining in at Rosie D'e this week.

B x

joey said...

awwww Teri this is stunning, fantastic design, gorgeous work. Joey.x

Jackie said...

this is just so adorable, love that bow... and the deco, your colouring is fabby ... brill card hun. xxx

LINDA said...

WOW!! This is just fantastic..Love this image and you coloring is just Fab..Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

TOTALLY ADORABLE!!!!! Love this image and your coloring/dimension are PERFECT!!! Love that ribbon too ... WOWZA!!! Well done!!

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute Teri!! That little mouse is adorable!!

Micki said...

Love the card (as always and no, you won't need a bucket, lol :-) ). Love the tinsel.... gotta go pull mine out, lol. That image is too cute!

hugs

Mel X said...

This is stunning!! The colours are gorgeous and that image is soo adorable. Great job!!

Mel X

Raquel said...

Great Card Teri!!! I love this little mouse, he is just perfect for this sketch, he to was in mind when I first saw this sketch. He is just darling, I love how you popped him out of the cup and added the pretty bow and lil' ringlets. Super Cute!!!

Hugs,
Raquel

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Lovely to see your work at Rosie-D's Challenge! Sweet, sweet card!!

Saskia :)

Judy said...

Teri Doll,

I love to come and spend time on your blog to admire your work. You really know how to make some incredible cards! I am so proud of what you did with the little mouse in a tea cup. Fantastic work!!

Kelly Landers said...

How adorable!!

TannyP said...

You always have such great dimension. I really love this, Teri! Such talent!!

MrsK said...

What a great card, i love the mouse in the tea cup! Keep up wit the great work Sal xx