Monday, 5 October 2009

It's Autumn/Fall. . .

Here we are then, another Monday, and it's turned bloomin chilly here in Scotland. The leaves have started changing colour, I just love the anticipation of all those lovely Autumn shades. It's the cold I don't like so much - LOL.

So to celebrate the changing of the season, over at the Digital Ink Challenge Blog we are asking you all to make a lovely warm autumnal project.

We in the DT got to use some images from Janette at Stamping Dragon Designs, available at the Digital Ink Co. shop. - Thanks hun! These leaf images are fabby! Here's what I did with them:



Now, I made my card us last week, when I was on a bit of a roll. . . only trouble was, the autumn leaves were not very forthcoming at that time, so I had to content myself with the nearest thing I could find, which was some Japanese Maple leaves from the garden. My backing paper was from Tinker & Co. The ribbon from my stash.

I coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, and layered with foam pads. Really must get round to seeing what all the fuss is about Copics/Promarkers etc. . .

This week the prize is a lovely set from Stitchy Stamps, 'Days Gone By', from the Digital Ink Co shop. So get on over to the challenge blog and have a look at the prize on offer. Don't forget our Blog Hop, still on-going until 8th October, Blog Candy at the Shop 'till 19th, AND 50% off digi's for the whole of October!! How COOL is that!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Your card is amazing! Love the real leaves and your colored leaves are terrific! You're so very talented! Love this great design.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

Thanks for the tip re a DT.

Love the card - nice use of watercolour pencils - but I would like some Promarkers!!

Ali x

PaperCrafty said...

Wonderful fall card Teri!! Love all the leaves!!

TannyP said...

Wowza!! Amazing with the watercolor pencils as usual. I, too, must try them out & see what everyone's up to. I have six and I've only used them once to color Harry...which I really must get used on a card soon! Awesome card, Teri!

Jackie said...

hi buddy.... yep blooming cold here in Kent too !!! ... excellant use of real leaves incorported on this card... great idea.. love the card Teri xxx hugs J

Micki said...

OMG, you just continue to blow me away.....that is an awesome card. Heck, I'd be framing it, lol. Man, I love it.