Friday, 2 October 2009

Incey Wincey

Here's a quickie for two challenges.

At Haunted House Designs for their Macabre Monday challenge, the theme is 'movement'.

The theme at Funky Hand's challenge blog - Get Funky is 'Halloween'. You have to use something from their paper collections, so I chose to use the skulls paper, part of the Salt + Pepper set - quite apt for a halloween theme.



Must admit I was stumped for a while for the movement bit, but then remembered something I saw a while back, where an easter bunny was attached to a card with a bit of acetate, and it bounced around.

Excellent! I decided to use my spider image (from Delicious Doodles, my other blog) along with a cobweb image I found somewhere.

I printed the skulls and the cobweb onto some orange cardstock, and stuck acetate with the spider attached on the inside of it to make it bounce better. Luvvly jubbly!



12 comments:

TannyP said...

Wonderfully creepy!!

Allison said...

fabulous halloween card Teri, great idea to print it onto orange card and the suspended spider.. ahh..
Thanks for joining in with us this month at Get Funky and good luck
AllisonX

Anice said...

Thank very much for joining in with our challenge this month on Get Funky! Wow your card has turned out fab. It was a good idea to print out the black and white skulls paper onto coloured card and the spider is just great.
Anice xx

Kim said...

I totally agree with Tanny, I think it is a wonderfully "spooky" little card!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Saskia said...

Wow! Wow!! A cute spider... never seen before! :)

Saskia :)

Kath said...

gorgeous card and I love how you printed your skulls onto coloured paper...good thinking and love that scary scary spider...thanks for joining in the fun this month with the Get Funky Gang.....hugs kath xxxxx

Bonibleaux Designs said...

What a CUTE idea!!! FABBY!!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Adorably creepy! Love the acetate idea. I was stumped!

Dolly said...

This is fab Teri, love the spider image and the orange paper idea, tfs..:)xx

Barb said...

This looks wonderfully fun, Teri! Love the big spider, and great technique with the acetate. Thanks for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! This is great! I did an Easter Bunny bobbing around! Acetate is great for a bit of movement! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!

MrsK said...

What a fab card, i would of got scared if i opened that lol as you can tell i don't like spiders but your's is cute!! Sal xx