Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Harry's Last Outing

Hiya folks!

BLISS!! The sun is out! Almost forgot what it looks like. So much more cheerful with the extra light!

It's Sweet Sketch Wednesday time again, and here is another one of Arlana's lovely sketches:


It's a colour challenge this week too, and we were also challenged to use a Halloween theme if we wanted.
These were difficult colours to fit around Halloween, and I hope I have managed it. So this is going to be Harry the Spiders' last coming out party of the year! (Anyone remember that advert?) The spider image is my own, available at Delicious Doodles, my blog shop.


The skull paper is from Funky Hand, from their Salt + Pepper set. I converted the image to greyscale in Photoshop, so that I could get whatever colour I wanted in my page makeup package. The strip at the bottom was going to be ribbon, but I didn't have any to match these colours, so I printed some spooky 'Mwooohahahaha's' on green to match the darker green colour.

The green backing paper is from Gothic Milly by Tinker & Co, again made greyscale, so I get to make my own colour with it. What would I do without Photoshop??!! I printed some extra matching colours out to punch the flower shapes from. Harry the Spider is coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, and layered for extra spooky dimension!!

Your turn now then. Head over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday for some more fun ideas and inspiration from the fabby DT, and have a go yourself - these sketches are ace to work with!

15 comments:

Lynda said...

You've done a great job here Teri - I would have really struggled with those colours for Halloween! Love Harry BTW!

Lynda xxx

mulberry station said...

Love that spider Teri. And I agree, You did a great job on the color challenge for Halloween. Happy Halloween!

Jeannie said...

Creepy but fun spider guy!!
Great card!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Katie Skiff said...

Great job on the color challenge!! I love the way it tunred out with that cute spider!!

Kim said...

OMG, your spider is fab! I love the way you mixed him in with non-traditional Halloween colors! Fab!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

Great card and that spider is fab - almost jumping out at us!!

Hugs Ali x

sweetbloominscraps said...

Your amazing...that Halloween card turned out so cute in the pink, greens and yellow. Your photoshopping is fantastic and your spider image is the cutest.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet!! Love that spider and awesome job on the colors. Love non-traditional Halloween!!

Rose said...

What a fun card Teri! Love that spider! So cute!

PaperCrafty said...

Hi Teri!! I think you did a wonderful job with the color challenge!! I love the spidey image!!

Donna said...

This has to be the cutest, non-scariest spider I have seen, fantastic card and perfectly embellished :) Donna x

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Great card this week Teri love the cute spider!!!

Michelle said...

Fantastic Teri, we need you down here to teach us how to use photoshop properly
x Michelle

having a {me} day said...

This is a fab halloween card! You did great with this colour combo. kxx

Arlana said...

Teri, Your spider card tured out so SWEET. You did such a fablous job using my color challenge. Love your fun spider image. Thanks for all you do.