Friday, 30 October 2009

Happy Holly-days!

Hiya folks!

Just the one challenge today, sorry about that - just haven't had any time to do much else.

This card is going into the Midnight Madness challenge, a lovely sketch again ladies - keep 'em comin'!!


I used one of my own images for this card, the Holly sprig - available from my shop Delicious Doodles - and kept the rest of the card within the Holly theme, using backing papers from an Artylicious cd. The text paper in the circles is by Tinker & Co, with green inked daubed round the edges.

For the Holly, I printed it out three times, and inked the colours on for a richer colour than my usual pencils, the layered it up with foam pads, and added some glistening snow. This has been layered onto white card with a printed red border, and then some pearlescent gold card trimmed with some border scissors.

I made the buckle myself, using a circle punch, some more ink and some Pebeo Touch metallic paint, and the ribbon is actually a paper ribbon sticker.

Lastly I popped some red metallic brads at the top to finish it off.

If you haven't checked them out at Midnight Madness you really oughta - there is so much going on over there, I have a job keeping up with them! They have a blog hop starting on Dec 8th, which I shall be keeping an eye out for!


Right - lunch is calling - I'm off to see what I can rustle up!

13 comments:

Phyllis said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! I love this card. That ginormous holly leaf is awesome!! Love the sparkle on the image and your background is lovely!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week and we will be looking for you next week as well!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Jeannie said...

Beautiful Teri! I especially luv the zig zag border and the sparkle!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Lynda said...

Another beautiful card Teri and that looks like a fab sketch to follow. Loving the holly doodle too.

Love Lynda xxx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Beautiful card...great paper and love all your detail with the glistening snow, pinked edged frame which accents the holly leaves, the red beads and your buckle...all a wonderful accent for your holly image! Well Done!

mulberry station said...

Teri, I love your Holly card. The color combo is wonderful. It is just perfect. Love the fun sketch and the added detail. Beautiful!

mulberry station said...

Teri, I love your Holly card. The color combo is wonderful. It is just perfect. Love the fun sketch and the added detail. Beautiful!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Terri, the holyl image is stunning, love the pearls as red berries, a really beautiful design :) Donna x

Rose said...

WOW! I love this card Teri! The Holly Sprig is so pretty! Beautiful holiday card!

Carol said...

Oh what a fun Christmas card Terri. That holly image just pops right off the card. It looks like you could pop it off the card and use it for an Ornament. Just super. Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMSC this week. We appreciate your support and look forward to more of you creativity!

Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - this is just stunning - I love that Holly - fabulous - it jumps off the page at you! Love that buckle too - very clever!! Whoever gets this Christmas Card is going to be thrilled! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we look forward to seeing you next week!!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Kim said...

Teri this one is gorgeous! I love your holly sprig! I'm going to have to pick that one up! Your holly dps are fab and I love the circle design with it!
Happy Halloween!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

PaperCrafty said...

Very pretty Teri!! Love the Holly & Berries!!

Sandee said...

Teri this is gorgeous! That image is incredible!!!