Sunday, 25 October 2009

Dove of Peace

Happy Sunday All!

I really enjoyed looking at everyone's Christmas Stocking cards last week at Winter Wonderland, fabulous job all!

This week we have an 'Open Theme', so we're leaving it up to you guys to choose what you do, as long as it is Christmassy! You should see what the fab DT have come up with this time - BOY you'll be impressed, and our Guest Lynda has worked wonders!!




We have a sponsor for this theme - ME!! Yep, little old me is sponsoring Winter Wonderland for this theme, and I am offering up a prize of THREE, yes 3 digi-images of the winner's choice to be made from my little shop - Delicious Doodles.

As a special for the DT, I designed a wee Dove for us to play with, some impressive goodies have been made with it. You really MUST take a look HERE.



I made a couple of items for this theme, using my Dove image. First I made a Word Book, utilizing a wordbook download I bought from Funky Hand. This was printed onto card first, but was a bit floppy to stand by itself, so I stuck it to some gold card. Just the trick! Then I added some of my Doves in different sizes, making the big one 3 dimensional with foam pads, and splodged some dimensional snow here and there.



Then I also made another Step card using a template from SAM Cards. Also available there was a Snowman Step card with the word Peace, but this word didn't have an 'A', just a snowman. So I made one up in photoshop to match.



You'd never know to look at it!! The paper is Funky Hand from the wordbook set, but I changes one of the backgrounds supplied and twiddled with the colour a bit until I got one I liked.



I printed out some bits of Holly I had from a set by Cuddly Buddly and added them here and there, along with some resized Doves, and a big bow, and another 3d Dove for the main image.



Lastly I added a sentiment under the main image, and some glittery bits. Done!

Now we want to see your masterpieces! Head over to Winter Wonderland and take a look at the fabulous DT samples for some gorgeous inspiration! Can't wait to see what you come up with this week!

12 comments:

Pascale said...

Thanks for the Dove had a great time playing with it. I love your step card and the word book two awesome projects. He is a versitile little fellow. Hugs Pascale

Anne said...

Hi Teri! First of all, Thank You so much for letting us use your gorgeous dove image - it was an absolute delight to work with! Secondly, Thank You for your generous donation with the blog candy - what a fantastic prize for some lucky player, and thirdly, I absolutely adore the projects you created with it!! The card is just stunning, so much to look at, and the tags are amazing! I love that idea - can I nick it!! ;o) Thank you so much for everything Teri! :o) xxx

joey said...

Hi Teri,

your dove image was a joy to use thanks so much hunny.

Your creations are stunning as always, I adore the green step card at the bottom! my absolute fave

Joey.xxx

Kim said...

OMG Teri, you totally rocked this challenge! These cards and tag set are absolutely stunning! I just adore all the details you put into it. Love the pop up. Just amazing!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

mulberry station said...

Wow, Teri, your dove is very, very nice. I love how you used it in your projects. They are goregous!

Teri said...

Honestly Teri, you amaze me every day with your beautiful projects. I have never known such a talented lady :o) I love your Dove ..... but I love everything you create! Thank you for letting us have a play this week xxxx

CraftyC said...

eri, I adore your dove and the card is beautiful. Just put in in my basket as I think it will make the most beautiful cards!
Clairex

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
These are all absolutely adorable. The detail is fantastic and that dove image is so versatile. Gorgeous,
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynda said...

Hi Teri, I just want to thank you for the Dove image - he is gorgeous and so easy to work with and makes the most beautiful cards. Your projects here are absolutely fabulous - you're so talented.

Love Lynda xxx

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful projects Teri!!

Nicola said...

Wow your creations are stunning Teri. Loving your dove and how versatile it is, you sure have beautiful eye candy here.
Nicola -x-

Tammy said...

Wow! Your projects are gorgeous! I Love the word book and the rest of your fun images!!

Tammy x