Monday, 26 October 2009

Digital Ink Co. New Challenge

Hi folks.

Phew, just got the shopping in for another week - GOD I HATE shopping!! Unless of course it is for crafty stuff! LOL

So I have grabbed me a coffee, so I can sit here and post this for you. As it is Monday, it is time for a new challenge at Digital Ink Co. and also a notice of some more goodies! Yeay! If you sign up for the DI-Co newsletter you get a FREE image every month!! Cooool or what!


This week's challenge is a recipe - yum! You need to use some fabric, a bow, a button and glitter for your creations this time. Smacks of Christmas to me, so that's what I chose to do. We all got to play with an image by Julie from Jules' Junk at the Digital Ink Co Shop. I played with this lovely doggie image by colouring with my watercolour pencils, and layering up with the usual foam pads.


For the fabric, sorry I don't do sewing any more, it hurts the fingers too much!! So I opted to be sneaky and use some fabric flowers, with a bit of metallic ribbon curled into twirly bits. I fastened a little button to it with some thread - fiddly or what! I used some matching ribbon for the big bow in the top corner, then used some glistening snow glitter paint here and there for the glitter bit. Papers by Tinker & Co.



Right then, now I need to put the shopping away - ugh! Get yourself over to Digital Ink Co Challenge Blog and take a lookey at the lovely DT's creations for some more inspiration, and get cookin' - I mean creating!

10 comments:

Saskia said...

Cute, cute dog!!!!!

Saskia :)

Diane Davies said...

Great job on the card! Love all the dimension the image has. Love the non traditional purple for Christmas too. : )

Micki said...

Love the 'bling' and as always, your layering is awesome. I can't get it, lol. I'm blaming it on the foam glue squares. I think I'm going to google UTube to see how you gals do it :-). I really love the purple background. Makes the red pop & the brown really stand out. Love it.

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Teri!! Love the sweet little puppy image!!

Kim said...

You so rocked this challenge too! No one does the 3d like you do! Matter of fact, Frosted Designs is having a 3D challenge this week, be sure to enter and I'm sure you'll win! Love your little Christmas puppy!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Awesome coloring and love the color choices!! I just love sparkles but what I'm really diggin' is all your new digis! Girl! Yummy!!!

LINDA said...

OH Teri, This is just adorable.. Love this cute little image and your coloring is just perfect..Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

stitchy said...

Teri, once again you designed one of the coolest cards ever...how cute this puppy looks, you really know how to make these cards come to life...excellent job hun.
hugz
stitchy

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... what can I say?? THIS IS AWESOME!!! Great job!

Judy said...

Teri,

This is such a cute card! I love the purple. Probably my favorite color. You always do such beautiful work. I love to come to your blog and see all your pretties!! I'm so wowed by all of them.