Sunday, 18 October 2009

The Christmas Stocking

Hiya folks! Hope you are having a great weekend so far. . .?

It's Sunday morning, so time for another theme at Winter Wonderland. You made me chuckle with all your funny gingerbread people last week - well done all who entered!

This week the theme is 'The Christmas Stocking', so we want to see your projects featuring all those stockings!

In the past I have seen loads of images with little creatures stuffed into stockings, so I thought I would do the same with mine this week, but I used one of my own designs for it. Little Ruff the Doggie, complete with little sprig of holly.




I coloured the image in digitally this time using photoshop. If you want a similar image I have black and white line versions of this and others like it available in my shop, Delicious Doodles, at reasonable prices too!




For the rest of the card I used Tinker & Co papers for backings, the holly in the corner is another of my images, also available at Delicious Doodles, coloured digitally again. For the sentiment, I printed it out and put some Pebeo dimension paint round in little dots, and added a brad (Papermania I think). Finally I splodged some Glistening Snow paint here and there, and added a rather large bow. Bit too big I think - but what the heck!

Your turn now then - head over to Winter Wonderland and take a nosey at the DT samples for some inspiration, and have a go yourself!! We'd love to see you there!

11 comments:

Papirskreppa said...

I am wondering when you announce the winner of the challenge this week? I could nor find anyone last week (if there was anyone), and neither can I find one this time. Just asking :)

Kim said...

Another great card from you! I swear, no one can do the the 3D pop ups on images quite like you! I love the little doggie in the stocking. Your holly is great too! Thanks for the freebie mouse!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

stitchy said...

Teri, yep Kim nailed it, Pop Up Queen lol...you make them little cards come to life for sure..Awesome..
Hugz
Stitchy

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is too cute for words. What a gorgeous wee Chrismas Card. I love
the traditional colours and that fabulous image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Saskia said...

Wow! Great card!! Your image is sooooo cute!!! I LOVE it!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

(Teri, no more news from Tinker here...)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I love what you have done with your cute dog. I agree your 3D image is superb.

Hugs Ali x

mulberry station said...

He turned out adorable Teri. What a sweet card!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness, he is precious! I am hoping to play with my mousie this week sometime. I keep thinking about how much fun he is going to be on so many different things. you are just so talented! :)

joey said...

Fantastic card Teri, love this cute little puppy. Joey.x

Teri said...

I love your images Teri .... they are all gorgeous. This one is particularly cute and I love that he is in the stocking. It's a beautiful card xxxx

Kelly Landers said...

Wow! Your coloring digitally is amazing too! I love this little guy!!