Wednesday, 21 October 2009

A Christmas Flower Card

Hi folks, second posting today, so scroll down for the first one.

This card is going into two challenges. First up, the sketch from the lovely ladies at Friday Sketchers:


Next, the challenge at Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge is to dig deep and use some old stuff.

Well, I don't have any old rubber stamps, or new ones come to that. So I had a rummage round the decoupage sheets and found one from a couple of years back with some lovely flower images on it.


I went to town on the layering on this one!! Papers for the backing were from Tinker & Co. I punched some holly shapes and cut some extra flowers for the twiddly bit at the bottom of the sketch.


Last job was to add a bow, so I chose a rather large one that I have recycled from an old card (you've probably seen it before, and you probably will again) Job Done!

16 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

STUNNING!! I really love this ... great job!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
This is absolutely beautiful. The layers build up to a brilliant card anf the holly is fabulous. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kelly Landers said...

My goodness you put a lot of work into all that layering!! It is so worth it... the card is magnificent!

iReneM said...

What a gorgeous card...I love it...your decoupage is fantastic

x

Jeannie said...

Holy moly batman!!
You are amazing!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Micki said...

Ooohhh thank you for those awesome close ups. You know I study your pics closely, lol. Another beautiful card and since seeing your wonderful creations, I've seriously changed my mind about decopage sheets. It is funny how they are the big trend in Europe and not so much here....

Love it!!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Amazing card with great depth. Love the photography.

Ali x

Jane Carroll said...

lovely

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Helen said...

Lovely cards!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC Challenge!
Helen x

Kim said...

Alright, when I saw that sketch, I knew I was going to get knocked off my feet. Good thing I'm sitting down reading this. I'm telling you, sister, this belongs on the cover of a magazine! I am being very sincere... published magazine quality! Love everyting about it, all that layering and the perfect bow....
Blessings,
Kim xXx

mulberry station said...

Gorgeous card Teri. Love the depth and design of the card. so much detail. Beautiful!!!

Jean said...

Teri, this is the first time I've visited your site. I'm glad I stopped by. You have some wonderful and very creative cards. I love the 3-d look. Have you ever stopped by Becca Feeken's site? http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/ She also does 3-d designs. I always admire cardmaking designers. It is so different from digital work. I have a friend who recently taught me photoshop. She also makes gorgeous cards. Her site is:http://theclochehat.blogspot.com/

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the decoupage.
luv
Debby

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful card Teri!!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

stunning card...wow, I am luvin all the details! have a wonderful weekend from one Teresa to another!

enjoy *~*

Jackie said...

blooming heck mrs.... no end to your talents... i LOVE this card... makes me want to go back to deco !!! x