Thursday, 22 October 2009

Candi the Witch

Hi folks!

Didn't think I'd make it to post today, but here I am at last!! Took me forever to finish this one last Halloween image and get it made into a card, then the light outside was so poor I couldn't take a photo - flash just wipes out the colours when taking close-up piccies. THEN the little one went on the puter and that was that until now!!

So here I am, with this card being entered into four challenges.


Fisrt to the sketch, from Midnight Madness, and another lovely one it is too. Honestly folks, if you have never been there you are missing out!!

Next up, both Crafty Creations and Penny's Challenge have the theme of Halloween, and at Haunted Design House Macabre Monday Challenge, they want the colours green, black, purple and/or tan, with something round and shiny.

Well, I think I've got the colour bit sewn up! As for the round and shiny, there are three little brads top left that are metallic, and one in the flower centre. The papers are all from Raspberry Road Designs I think.

The image, one of my own again. Candi the Witch, shortly to be loaded up to my shop, Delicious Doodles - probably tomorrow now, as my eyes are giving way!! She has been coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, and layered with foam pads. Only a couple of layers today - too pushed for time in the end!

19 comments:

Penny D. said...

Very cool card! Love it, I love that you put a flower on a Halloween card, I think this is the first time I've seen that!!!

Thanks for joining Pennys Challenges this week! We hope to see you again next week :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

This is really gorgeous. I will have to get this image I think. I am loving all the Halloween things around at the moment.

Hugs Ali x

Barb said...

Adorable, Teri! Great take on so many challenges! Thanks for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Carol said...

Teri this is a super creative card for Halloween. The witch with the spiders are a perfect theme together. The colors and image are sure to put the recipient in a Trick of Treat mood!!! Thanks for playing along with us at MMSC. We appreciate it very much and look forward to more of your creativity.

Carol
MMSC-DT

Kim said...

Love this card Teri! Your witch is adorable! Love the whole design and your darling little spiders! Thanks for playing with us at Penny'sChallenges this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jessica G. said...

Great take on this sketch! I especially like the bat paper behind this adorable witch!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Teri! Well done combining all of those challenges! I love the way you have used the MMSC - fabulous! Your colours are great too - this is very cute! Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challange this week and we look forward to seeing what you do next week!
Linda MMSC Guest Designer

Michelle said...

Stunning card Teri, your new image is great and you've done a fantastic job with her, love that background paper too.
x Michelle

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Wowza girl!! I tried to comment on this creation last night but for some reason my computer locked up on me and wouldn't take it! SO ... I'm back today to say WOWZA this is awesome! Great job and thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Challenges! Your creations are always amazing! Hope you play along with us again next week!!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty creations with this beautiful & spooky card! :)

Saskia

Priscilla said...

awwwwwwww too cute!! :)I love your ideas and creativity and your style is really cool.. a true pleasure to view your work!! LOVE those rich COLORS (purple is my fav) :) What a wonderful take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Hi Teri! Candi looks like she's ready for Halloween! Very cute! Great job on the sketch this week! Thanks for joining us again!

Sue
MMDT

Hope Jacare said...

Great project - fab witch Teri! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love your new image and how you colored her. Too sweet!! She looks ready for halloween!! Great design and take on the sketch!!

Jackie said...

this one is totally awesome.. fabby card hugs J x

Jaime said...

Wonderful Witch, she is adorable! Thanks for playing with CCC this week. Jaime

charli said...

she is super cute and the flowers are perfect.

Sandee said...

Great layering and details! Love the colors too!!!

chercroppin said...

Great take on both challenges! Love those papers, and that witch is awesome : )

Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll play with us again this week too!