Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Autumn Colours - SSW#18

Hi folks, and happy middle of the week to you!

Time for another of Arlana's lovely sketches at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. This is the sketch for this week:


We had a sponsor to work with, Jen from Say It With Stamps. She makes lovely word art, sentiments and backgrounds, all digitally - perfect for printing your own sizes. She has put up a great prize for the winner this week - you get to choose two monthly sets, or up to $10 worth of mix and match images - how cool is that!!



I used an autumn word background and sentiment from her collections. We had free reign with our images, so I chose to use my own again, which is the leaf I used the other day for another DT. (designed by myself and available at Delicious Doodles).

I coloured the image with inks and daubers before cutting it out and layering with foam pads for extra dimension. The flowers are made from the usual punches and some inky bits.




Sorry, but my pic is a bit fuzzy, but the words read: 'Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~ Albert Camas'. I finished the card off with some gold stickles.

Your turn now. Get yourself over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and have a look at the lovely DT creations. Have a play with the sketch, and see what you can come up with, go on - have a go!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Stunning card Teri! I love your leaf again!! I'm going to go buy that one and practice until I can make it look like that! THis is just so gorgeous. Love the little flowers, that sentiment, and the touch of stickles is just right.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

mulberry station said...

Your card is stunning.. When I saw this the other day, I was really taken but it. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Rose said...

Just beautiful Teri! I love the handmade flowers, stunning!

Jeannie said...

This leaf is pure perfection!
Beautiful!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Arlana said...

Beautiful card Teri. You just know how to make it all so pretty. Love your coloring. Thnaks for all you do.

Katie Skiff said...

Beautiful job!! I love the color here. I am so happy with the fall look of the cards this week!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wowwwww! Just love that leaf and touch of glitter. Everything is perfect...so rich with color and lots of detail!

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card Teri!! I love the leaf and the little flowers!! Great job with this weeks challenge!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This just amazing as always!!!

Kelly Landers said...

I am way behind on my comments, but I wanted to still take a look!! I love your take on the sketch and think the way you colored the leaf is amazing!! I love it!!