Sunday, 20 September 2009

Winter Wonderland - Hot Chocolate!

Here we are at another Sunday - and Happy Birthday to me! Yes, another year older and another year wiser, so the saying goes. Not sure about the wiser bit??

We had a great time nosing through all the lovely Vintage cards last week - well done all! This week at Winter Wonderland we have the theme of Hot Chocolate for you - yummy!!



I used the colours pink and brown for this one hoping it would convey the idea of chocolate drinks. The papers are from a kit named Mocha Love from Raspberry Road Designs. These kits are digital ones, but are so easy to use - and there isn't any waste! You just print the bits you want.

The image is by Stampin' Mama 4U, from the Digital Ink Co. Store. You really must check them out for some fabby images. There are new ones every day nearly!

I coloured it in with watercolour pencils, and covered it with decoart glitter snow and added a stripey stick to stir the chocolate with - yum!



I tried to make it more Christmassy by adding some pink holly with glittery bits by the flower, and accenting here and there with a bit of gold.


Now it's your turn! Head over to Winter Wonderland and take a look at the inspiration we have for you! And have a go yourself!

12 comments:

Saskia said...

Yummy card!!!!!!

Saskia :)

Rose said...

Have a wonderful Birthday Terri! Your card is wonderful! I love the texture! So SWEET!

Teri said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Looks like you could pick it up and drink it! Yummmmmm :o) Happy birthday hun - hope you have a wonderful day xxxx

Kim said...

First, Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your day!! This card is so delish!!!! I am loving all the dimention in it! Your holly is just beautiful, the cup really appears to be brimming with yummy hot chocolate! Fantastic job!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Teri, love the embellishments
Clairexx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Many Happy returns - have a good birthday.
Love the crad. That hot chocolate looks so real I could almost lick the froth off the rim of the cup.
Brilliant card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kelly Landers said...

Stop it Teri!! This is amazing!! It looks simply drinkable!! I love it!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Thanks for your latest comment. I love this card and I am just having a hot chocalate whilst I do some blog hopping.

Ali x

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Teri!! I love the little cup with all your details!! Happy Birthday!!

Annette said...

Happy Birthday Teri, hope you had a fantastic day, love the card, just looks ready to drink, take careX:)

mulberry station said...

Happy Birthday Teri!!!! And what a fun card. I love all the detail work you have done on it!!

~ Ali ~ said...

This is fab, I can smell the scrumminess from here. Have a lovely evening.