Sunday, 13 September 2009

A Very Vintage Christmas!!

Another week down on the dreaded countdown to Christmas - eek!

We had a fabulous response to our theme last week - you Wowed us with all your beautiful Snowmen!! I do hope you all have a go this week too.

Our theme for this week at Winter Wonderland is a 'Very Vintage Christmas'.

Now, I decided to break from the norm for Vintage and turned back the clock a few hundred years more to celebrate the Festival of Yuletide. I don't know about you, but I haven't come across much in Stampland or Imageworld regarding pagan imagery or 'mystical woodland creatures' to quote a friend. So, I thought - draw your own you fool! - and set my pencil to paper.

I am so happy I did. You can see the result below:



I wanted to do a Green Man, so did some referencing on the internet, decided what I wanted him to look like and got doodling. It took me a long while to convert that image to digital - GOD my arm hurts! - LOL. But it was worth it!!

I already had the Celtic Knotwork border on my computer, so I just resized it to fit my design and put some graduated colour behind it. Ooooh I LOVE Photoshop!! I printed out the elements a few times and coloured the Green Man in with watercolour pencil. Then I layered it all up with foam pads for added ooomph. The text I used is called 'Stonehenge', with the Initial letters in a face called 'Initial With Curls'. These I got for free after searching the net.

This fella will be on sale on my other blog, Delicious Doodles, later today, when I have finished the wee Scottie Dog that will be there alongside the wee Westie Dog I have drawn. (plug - plug!)



For my project this week I also used a little Bag Template designed by Regina, from the Cutting Cafe. I printed out some lovely Holly paper on the reverse of the template and cut out folloing the lines. There was a wee heart on it too, so I cut that out and placed acetate behind it. I punched two holes in the top for the organza ribbon to go through, and tied it in a bow. Lastly, I put some gold peel off holly shapes on it to liven it up.

I wanted a tag for the bag, so I copied the card design, but without the layering, punched a hole in the corner and threaded some metallic gold ribbon through it.



So there you have it! Now it's your turn. You really must take a look at the other DT's projects this week, we also have two Guest Designers, so hop over and have a mooch at their work too.

Don't forget to check back at Winter Wonderland and see if you were the winner from last week!

6 comments:

joey said...

Amazing work Teri I wish I had your hand to draw with!!! the details are fantastic. Joey.xxx

Teri said...

This is fantastic Teri! Your talent is amazing :o)

Teri xx

Annette said...

Another fantastic job Teri, wish I could doodle as good as this. Take Care, AnnetteX:)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OMG ... this is AMAZING (and a little scarey)! How creative you are! Well done!!

Toucan Scraps said...

really neat bag.

Angela

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Whoa! He looks like either one of the tree people from Lord of the Rings or that statue thingy in Italy that you stick your hand in its mouth and you either tell the truth and get your hand back or lie and lose your hand LOL! These are awesome!!