Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Dustin Pike

Hey folks - middle of the week - Sweet Sketch Wednesday time! This week we have the brilliant Dustin Pike sponsoring us. One lucky winner will get to choose three of his digi-images to play with! How cool is that?!

I chose to use this sad looking Dragon, poor thing, I felt sorry for him!! He has been in the wars!



I am dedicating this card to our own poor Arlana, as she hasn't been too well lately. I know you haven't broken any bones Arlana, but I still thought of you when I saw it. I hope you are on the mend now. . .?

For this card I used papers from Tinker & Co., and printed some extra for the flower. The border at the top was from my local craft shop, and is a sort of felt material. The Dragon is coloured with my fav watercolour pencils, and layered a bit with foam pads. I didn't do too many layers, as it was a bit fiddly, and my fingers were a bit stiff at the time. (Too much gardening!)

OK, so it's your turn now. Head over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and have a look at the rest of the DT's wonderful creations - they have been busy!! DON'T FORGET - Have a go and you could win some Dustin Pike images!!

13 comments:

Kim said...

I feel sorry for your little dragon too! Great card as always. Love that you used felt on it too. That can also go under the Practical Scrappers challenge this week, felt. Fabby card!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Rose said...

I love your card Teri! The 3-D dragon is so neat! I really like the trim you used on the top, as well. Wonderful card!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

HOW ADORABLE!!! I'm sure this will bring a smile to your friends face and make her feel MUCH better!! Cute, cute, cute!!

Annette said...

What a fantastic job you have done with him, he really has a feel sorry for me look! Take careX:)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
This is too cute. I love the colours and that image is fab.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa T said...

Teri, you did an awesome job!! I love the layering you did on your dragon. You're right - the poor thing does look quite the worse for wear. :)

mulberry station said...

Wow, I love your take on the dragon. He is really cute. Excellent job!

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable card Teri!! Love the Boo Boo Dragon and how you made him 3-D!!

Jeannie said...

He's so sad looking but so cute at the same time! Great card!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wow, that dragon is darling! You amaze me. I love the way you colored him! Wonderful Job!

Arlana said...

Oh Teri you made my day by dedicating this card to me. It is just to cute for words. I love the layering. Dustin has such cute images. I feel a bit better hopefuuly when I finish all those awful med in 5 days ill be alot better. Thanks for creating such a cute card.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Love what you have done with this dragon. He looks so down in the mouth. As suggested off to check out the challenge blog - another to add to my very long list!!!!!!


Hugs Ali x

Kelly Landers said...

Oh Teri this is so adorable! I love it!!