Monday, 28 September 2009

Hippie Chick - Digital Ink Co. Challenge

Hi all,

Here we are at another Monday morning, and boy is it a grey day here in 'bonny'?? Scotland. Boring grey skies and boring wet rain. . .

So I need cheering up. I want to see loads of new entries in this week's challenge at Digital Ink Challenge Blog. Many thanks to all that entered last week. I really love to see all your creations!!

This week there is a colour theme, and we all got to use the 'Hippie Chick' image from Kathy at Stitchy Stamps which is available at the Digital Ink Co. Store.




I used a mixture of lovely papers that I got from Raspberry Road Designs (the grungy background), Tinker & Co (the flowery spotty bit) and Funky Hand (the swirly green bit), which are all digital, so perfect for me to use - no messy glue, no wasted papers. Just loads of printer ink!



The image was coloured with my watercolour pencils as usual, and raised from the background with foam pads. I made the flowers with my flower punches, added some inky bits on the tips, and some gold glitter for a bit of pizazz. Last bit was the wee gem in the centre of the big flower.



Now for a surprise - the Digital Ink Co. store is having a blog hop this Friday, for a whole week!! There is a chance to win a Mega prize, with challenges and gifts galore! Pop back on Friday for more info and the starting point link.

Also at the store is some great blog candy that runs through to 19th October - go on over and check it out!!

6 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Wow Teri ... your card is "Fabulous Dahling"!! Love your papers and layout! Awesome Dude!!! I think I have my genders mixed up here ... but you get my drift ... LOVE YOUR CREATION!!!

TannyP said...

You and those watercolor pencils work wonders! Awesome work, Teri! Another beauty for D-I Co =)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

I wasn't sure about those colours but I really like your card.

Thanks for the heads up on the hop and candy.

hugs Ali x

stitchy said...

Teri,
I thought I would stop by and tell you thank you...What a beautiful card you done up with my hippie..Those colors happen to be my favorite colors together and the way she POPS out in 3D, just amazing..Fantastic job hun...
Hugz
Stitchy

Micki said...

I wish I were as good as you, lol.... I love how your assemble your cards. Love your coloring also. You know, on my 'What a trip' card I was trying to emulate your style...

I truly am always left with my mouth hanging open whenever I visit. Love, love love your cards.

Love the penguin and your coloring is awesome.!!!!

hugs

Raquel said...

I love your layout, and that sentiment is just perfect. Great job!!

Hugs,
Raquel