Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Girly Candi the Fairy Card


This card is going into three challenges today.

First I followed the sketch at Friday Sketchers this week - lovely!

Next, the theme at Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge was 'Girly' - ooooh, endless possibilities!

And then at Polka Doodles they want to see DIY Flowers, well I always try to make my own, as you may have guessed if you have seen my blog before!!

So, for this 'girly' theme I drew another wee fairy character similar to Candi that I released to my Delicious Doodles shop the other day. This Fairy is available there now too. I made her seated this time, so she could sit on almost anything. I thought I would put her seated on the edge of the oval shape.

The papers are all from a digital paper kit from The Little Scrap Garden. I printed some extra to make the flowers with. I used my flower punches for these, and put a little gem in the centre.

The Fairy image and the oval are raised and layered with foam pads. I added some frilly lace round the oval for extra girliness. Last job, some clear glitter here and there.
Hope it's girly enough for you all. . .??

11 comments:

mulberry station said...

What a sweet card. Your fairy is just darling.The color combo is jsut perfect with her.

Jane Carroll said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

You should start a challenge blog to use your images. They really are fantastic.

hugs Ali x

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Wow... I love this 'girly' card!!
The lace is so perfect in combination with your fairy!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia

**and thanks for joining us again at Polka Doodles!!**

LOUISE said...

Super card Teri, love your fairy, and the lace border around the oval. Louise x

Annette said...

Stunning, love the flowers and Candi is just beautiful, love the ivy print paper, take careX:)

aardvarkpest said...

Gorgeous card. Love the sparkly fairy and the lace.

Glenda

Tip Top said...

This is so lovely!! And I like the gentle sparkle! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Kerry said...

Adorable card, sooo pretty. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, definitely very girly, thanks for joining in the fun at SCSC this week :) Donna x

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, wonderful image.
luv
Debby