Thursday, 24 September 2009

Autumn Leaves


Hey there bloggin' buddies.

Decided to do some challenges today, so this card fits three (I hope)

First, at Inspirational Card Sketches, I followed their sketch, but twisted it onto its side. I think it sat better that way for my idea of what to do with it.

Next up, the colours at The Little Paper Shop. These are: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun. Trouble is I don't own any fancy markers, just the kid's felt tips and watercolour pencils, so I had to try matching those colours digitally, which I think I managed to do quite well.

Third, the theme at the Digital Tuesday Challenge, which is to use leaves as well as a digital image. So off I trotted to my back garden for some autumn coloured leaves (yes, real ones!) Thing is, our autumn has only just started here, so not much has changed colour-wise on the leaves. So I raided the nearest thing, my Japanese Maples, and a wee ground-cover thingy that I forget the name of. Closest I could get to autumn colours for now.

The digi-image I used is the wording, which comes from the Digital Ink Co. and is by Stamping Dragon Designs. The cardstock was from my local craft shop, as was the ribbon. I used watercolour pencils to colour the image, and let them bleed into each other for a graduated look.

21 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful.

Maria Matter said...

Teri, this is fabulous! I love that you used real leaves...can't get much more fall like than that!!! Excellent!!!
Blessings, Maria

TannyP said...

Great work, Teri! How is it that EVERYONE else seems able to combine challenges and I'm a 2-max person?! LOL

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Hi Teri

Thanks so much for choosing my Stamp Pack I love the cards the leaves stamp card is now on my blog and can i say it is simply GORGOUS TYSVM Mwahhhhh LOVE it

Janette xxxx

Dragons Lair Designs said...

WHoops forgot to give you the addy so you can go look

http://stampingdragondesigns.blogspot.com/

Again TYSM I cant stop looking at it absolutly GORGOUS TY TY

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful creation and to use real leaves....awesome. Thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week

Hugs
Lorraine x

Rose said...

Really pretty! I love the autumn colors, stunning!

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

Wow! Love the clean look and all the leaves you have on here are fabulous!

Bohemian Gypsy said...

WOW Teri this is absolutely stunning and the colour mix of your leaves is just perfect.
Michelle M

Kim said...

Oh my gracious, how beautiful these are with the fall leaves! So very creative! I love your card and the way you tucked the leaves behind the sentiment! Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Heather said...

I have to look like I copied .. because before I even saw the comments I thought {simply stunning!} :) I LOVe the leaves! Wonderful touch and texture.


Thanks for playing along at ICS!!!

Dolly said...

Wow this is stunning Teri, love it. Thanks for playing along again at ICS. :)x

Terrie B x said...

Your card is `gorgeous` Thanks for joining in with the ICS this week:)x

Anjou Krelovich said...

Stunning. Love the clean simple lines and the real leaves! Thanks for visiting DTC!

Alecia Castro said...

Cute, cute card!!! Great take on the IC Sketch this week!!

Ellie said...

This is simply beautiful.

Fink said...

Just love the way you did the sketch! A take I would never have thought of!

scrapnnMO said...

GORGEOUS card Teri! I love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for joining ICS this week! :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Michele said...

I love your take on the ICS sketch! and those flower/leaves are to die for!

Kelly Jo said...

so pretty!!!

Mary(OhioMary) said...

How pretty! I love those mix of leaves and the colors fit the theme fabulously.