Monday, 14 September 2009

Apologies To Those With Weak Dispositions!

I have decided today to pay homage to the Master of Macabre, Mr. Stephen King!

The theme at Haunted House Design for their Macabre Monday Challenge is 'Movies'. This challenge blog is everything to do with Halloween and scary stuff - Ace!!

Now, Stephen King is most favourite author EVER, and some of his penned creations have made it to the silver screen - all time classics such as 'The Shining', and 'Christine', but two of them.

For my 'movie' card I chose a slightly less well known flick named 'IT' - I have a thing about Clowns - hate 'em, they put the bejayzus up me, and when I saw this fella - EEEKKK!!!

Ok, so some of the effects are a bit dated and sad nowadays, but Tim Curry (Pennywise, the Clown) really does the job with this character. Nice one Tim!

I am also entering this one into The Little Paper Shop's challenge, which is 'Halloween'. Great isn't it? I was almost late with my entry last week, now I am on the ball today!! I'll apologise now if I scare you guys with this one - SORRY!!!!

So here he is:


Pennywise the Clown. Yuck! Hate clowns!!

I drew this and coloured in with watercolour pencils. Then I scanned it into the computer and put some creepy text on top before printing out. Sorry, no layers this time, he's scary enough without jumping out at you!! - LOL.

13 comments:

Allison said...

Okay...that is just too freaky! IT is one of the scariest (of course, I don't watch scary movies so there are probably scarier!). Great job!

Dragonlady said...

EEEEEEEEEK

Scary

Ali x

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

Wow, I can't believe you drew that! It's fabulous, what a great job! Thanks for playing our Halloween challenge, I think you are the first entry this week, woo hoo!

Barb said...

OMG! You drew this?! Absolutely fantastic, Teri... you totally nailed it :) Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

blackdragon said...

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!
WOW... MY GOD GIRL.... YOU'RE EVEN THE MASTER OF 'DARK ART'....

WELL DONE YOU.... IS THERE ANYTHING YOU'RE NOT 1st CLASS AT?

GOT YOUR EMAIL... BUT THINGS HECTIC HERE AT THE MO... SORRY!!!

LOVE GREENDRAGON XXX

Bee said...

Beautifully coloured Teri. This is a great choice, IT is such a scary film because of that terrifying clown (I didn't realise Tim Curry was the clown!)
- I also spotted your comment about the Bee Crafty Blog on Sheri's blog and wanted to assure you that Bee Crafty is a big fan of your lovely cards designs and great images...we do like you, keep joining in the challenges!! :)
Crafty By Bee blog

PaperCrafty said...

Great card Terri!! Your drawing is amazing!!

Lisa Foster said...

Whoa!!! That is AWESOME!!! Very genius and fantastically artful...even for the creepiest clown ever! Outstanding!
Hugs,
Lisa

Nikki said...

That is just way kewl love how you've done this where it lacks in 3-D it makes Up In SCARY :)
It's Great
Nikki C

Annette said...

WOW! That is so scary, how talented you are, the colouring is fantastic, take care AnnetteX:)

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Wow! That is flippin' amazing! The fact that you drew that is incredible! I love horror movies and you nailed the lid on this one!

Christina said...

Creepy! This rocks!

ineke said...

yessssss this remembers me of that very thick book... it... !!!!
the book is so much more scary than the movie !!!
i red it.. and than i lent it to a friend of my daughter..(19 years old..) he phoned me in the middle of the night .. he lived alone in the house.. and he was so afraid... so scared by the book.. i didnot dare to go to sleep !!!so i let hom come over and he slept with us for more than a week !!!
clowns are very scary !!!!!!!!