Sunday, 30 August 2009

Winter Wonderland - Setting The Table


Boy, these weeks are sure passing us by aren't they? I'd just like to say a huge thank you to everyone that entered last week's challenge at Winter Wonderland. I really enjoyed nosing around all your blogs. I hope you get round to playing again this week.

We have a different theme this week, to make a Place Card, or a Napkin Ring, or to Stamp a Serviette. Well, sorry, but I don't do rubber stamps, so I couldn't join in with the Serviette bit.

So I have contented myself with the Napkin Ring and Place Card instead.

I wanted a cute Polar Bear for my design this week, so I drew one and made it a digital image and now I get to use it whenever I want!

I made a small square card, and cut off corners of some patterned papers to make a pocket. Then I made a tage to put the name on and put that in the pocket. Next was to add some glitz, with some Stickles and Pebeo Dimensional Paint, added some metallic ribbon, and a snowflake gem in the top corner.


The Napkin Ring was sooo simple to do. Just a strip of snowflake printed vellum, with some Anitas ribbon on each edge, rolled into a cylinder and stuck with double sided tape. Simples!!



I do hope you guys give it a go this week. Why not nip across to Winter Wonderland and have a look at the rest of the DT's designs for some inspiration.

4 comments:

Saskia said...

Wow... It's going to be a sweet Christmas at your place this year!!

Saskia :)

Teri said...

Stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! I love your baby polar bear ... he's just the cutest :o) Love your napkin ring too .... such a great idea.

Teri xxx

joey said...

Hiya Teri,

these are absolutely gorgeous, and the little cutie you used is too sweet, love the icy colours.

Joey.xxx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What an adorable set!! And you drew this cute little bear cub ... WOW, wished I could draw!!! He's adorable and perfect for this set!!