Sunday, 23 August 2009

Winter Wonderland - By Candlelight

Well, there goes yet another week! Another week closer to Christmas!! Time for this week's theme at Winter Wonderland - yeay! - which is 'By Candlelight'. We want to see some candles lighting the way in your entries.

As all my candles for Christmas are in the loft, and I don't do rubber stamps, I decided to make a paper candle, but how to present it??

I had a mooch round google images, and saw some very fiddley Lantern Boxes, which obviously you would have to buy templates for. Now, I'm a bit skint at the moment, don't know about you guys, so I opted to faff about for ages making my own without a template, BOY did THAT get complicated! - Almost lost the will to live there for a minute!


But it came together in the end. I used gold glitter card for the Lantern, with Acetate for the windows, then decorated it with Pebeo Touch dimensional paint dotted round the edges. At the top I put a peel-off corner. The Poinsettia flowers are Quickutz Die shapes with extra punched shapes in the middle. The holly was also a Quickutz shape, and the dainty leaves is a punch I got from my local Craft Shop.

Here is a close up:


The candle itself is a strip of paper bent into a semi circle with some little half circles for the top and bottom stuck on with tabs. Then I cut some coloured card for the flame effect.

So, now it's your turn. Hop on over to Winter Wonderland and have a nose round all the DT's blogs - loads of inspiration there. Have a go yourself and help your stash of Christmas cards grow bigger!

4 comments:

Saskia said...

Great work Teri!!

Saskia :)

Secret Crafter said...

Wow lady, you sure must have loads of patience attempting this without a template. Fabulous job though and well worth the effort, perhaps you should sell your template. Hugs, Wendy x

Teri said...

Amazing Teri! This is just so clever and beautiful!

Teri xx

Toucan Scraps said...

this is amazing

Angela