Monday, 17 August 2009

Tuesday Taggers - Retro


Where did that week go??

Been so busy trying to get my blog shop up and running, but paypal still won't work on it. Bummer!

Time for another DT slot for Tuesday Taggers - that'll take my mind off it for now.

This week the theme was 'Retro'. Sorry but I prefer to forget the '70's and early '80's. Wasn't a good time for me at school then.

So I decided to do a '60's Retro thing. Kinda Mary Quant-ish and Pop Art. NO I am not THAT old!! Was born in '68 myself, but I did a project on Mary Quant at college (well, a poster really) which I enjoyed doing, so this takes me back to then. Ah, the good old days?!?

I used some really groovy papers from Funky Hand which are downloadable, so that suited me.



I made some funky flowers myself by ripping rough oval shapes of paper and dampening the edges, then scratching off the very edge with my fingernail. I did this with two pieces, then stuck the smaller one in the middle, and scrumpled them up into the flower shape I wanted.

The Zebra, well that is another one of my drawings.

For those of you who may be interested I have just opened a new blog, mentioned above, which I have named Delicious Doodles. You may want to hop over and have a nose. I will be constantly updating with new images, as and when I do them.

Sorry but paypal isn't doing it's thing at the moment, so if you did want to purchase something there, then send me an email (on the sidebar at Delicious Doodles) with your request, and I'll generate an invoice for you in paypal, then you can use that to pay with. Then I can send your Jpeg to the paypal registered email address, or one that you stipulate (ooh! - big word).

Anyway, plugging aside, get on over to Tuesday Taggers and have a nosey at the DT's inspiration, and have a go yourself!!

4 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

I saw this on the TT site and thought it was very striking. Love the image of the Zebra.

Ali x

Saskia said...

Lovely zebra-card!!!

Saskia :)

PaperCrafty said...

Great card!! Love the black & white and that zebra is too cute.

Cindy said...

Totally cool, Teri!

Left you something at my blog..

www.royalthings.blogspot.com

Cindy