Monday, 24 August 2009

Tuesday Taggers - Decorated Jar

Well it's Tuesday again and time for another challenge at Tuesday Taggers. Thank you to everyone who playing with the Retro theme last week, it was great fun looking at all those groovy cards man! I hope you'll take the time to play this week too.

This week the challenge is sponsored by The Craft Barn, so please make sure you make a link to their website within your entry this week to qualify for the prize. Check them out here they are a brilliant place to shop and are offering a prize of £15 to spend with them for the lucky randomly picked winner this week!!

We have a tutorial as well, showing an example of how you could decorate a jar/bottle.

I had great fun making this for the DT. I was at a loss to start with, wondering what I could do besides the usual Olive Oil bottle, or perfume set. Then I remembered a friend I had a while back when I used to run a pub with the hubby.

Back in the good old days that was, a lot of moons ago now. She was a Goth and was into a lot of wierd stuff, but she really went overboard with Halloween. Mind you, so did we at the pub. Made a big party out of it. BUT I digress, she made a jar of pickled people for the bar, which I thought was very nice of her. At the time I also thought 'Ok, what are we supposed to do with that?'


It stuck in my mind though, and just as well. I decided while I was on my Halloween roll to make my own jar of Pickled People. I made these out of some old tights I don't use any more. I cut circles out and ran some tacking thread round. Then I put some pillow stuffing in the middle, drew up the thread and tied it off.


The faces are just googly eyes, and a bit of black card for the mouth. I got the material for the lid from my local haberdashery.

You might remember the card and the tag from a previous post I made for a couple of challenges. These were made to go with the Pickled People so you can 'give as a gift'.

Sadly the kids now have the little people, and have played with them all weekend!! Little things, etc., etc.
So, get on over to Tuesday Taggers for some more brilliant DT samples and inspiration, and maybe watch our tutorial. . . go on, have a go!

5 comments:

Saskia said...

Teri,

The 'picled people' are sooooo funny!!!! Really makes me laugh!!!!

Saskia :)

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Cute idea - loved the pickled people!

PaperCrafty said...

Very cute!! Love the "Pickled People"!!

TannyP said...

Very cute =) Those people are hilarious!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh How C-U-T-E!!!!!! You are SOOOO creative! (love the pickled people...that's GOOD!) Ha!