Monday, 3 August 2009

My Little Flutterby!


Time for another combi challenge!

This time I decided to use my latest creation - Little Flutterby. A Butterfly based upon the Ladybird design I made a few posts ago.

I am entering three challenges with this card. First I followed the cute sketch on Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge. Loads of inspiration there, and a monthly prize draw.

Next challenge is at Bee Crafty. This week is to include an image that you have coloured, and goes on to 15th August, so plenty of time to get your entries in. Prizes here too!!

My Butterfly's wings were coloured using a graduated tint in Photoshop, and I coloured the body in using a watercolour pencil.

The background papers for this card were made by smudging coloured pastels across card and paper, and then cutting to size. Messy, but enjoyable.

This bring me to my third challenge at Crafty Creations. They have an Inspiration challenge this week featuring the works of Lauren Alexander. I took inspiration for the backing paper from her work, and added my own image. Hope that's allowed. . .?

12 comments:

Jane Carroll said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Bee said...

What a fantastic character, love the wings! Great to see your mixed media approach with digital and traditional watercolour, they compliment each other really well. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)
- Bee Crafty

Arlana said...

Your bee is darling!!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Lovely little character! If you share these, let me know!

blackdragon said...

Hello teri... lovely butterfly... i need a bee!!!! thanks for your comment... as you can see i put stuff on in bulk... then come back and add the writting... its chaos here at the moment... my oldies are acting like 3yr olds cos i've managed to book em into respite for a week starting friday... i really need some time just me and my twins... love your flowers for tomorrow ... you are just to clever...love lynx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Teri, love the little flutterbly and the bright colours are gorgeous, thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Avril Ann said...

Teri, the Flutterby is just so cute, I love him. Great Card. I planted a buddlia bush down by my shed, and I have quite a few butterflies in the garden, which I just love. Hugs Avril xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Teresa, fab papers and such a brill bumble bee image! So pleased you could join us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

Kim Y. said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! This is jsut fantastic!! Love the butterfly!
Kim @ Bee Crafty

Hope Jacare said...

Great card Teri - love your butterfly- thanks for playing at Crafty Creations. Cheers Claire x

Cathy said...

Fantastic card Teri - love that butterfly.
Thank you joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Sue said...

wow what a fabulous card...i love it:)

thanks for joining us at bee crafty:)

sue
xx