Tuesday, 11 August 2009

First Offering For Sale! Watch this space. . .

Hey folks!
After listening to a lot of your lovely suggestions, I thought I'd try my hand at selling some of the Digi-images I have been coming up with lately.
Not sure how to go about it all really, what with legal stuff and tax declarations etc. Anyone got any advice?
Do I go set up an Etsy shop? Are there any others about? I do sell cards and toppers on ebay, but they stopped the sales of digital images a while back, so that one is out (and expensive too!)
Maybe I'll try putting a paypal button on my blog next to the image I want to post.
Do I need to declare my earnings from these sales? Do I need to become a self-employed person?
Being based in the UK, any advice from sellers in the UK would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance to any wise offerings!!
Hugs,
Teri
x

2 comments:

Teri said...

woohooo! great news! Just stick a paypal button up there and see what response you get :o) If it's HUGE ... then worry about all the tax, legal etc. You don't have to declare self employment for 3 months, so you have plenty of time to test those waters!!

Teri xxx

blackdragon said...

WILL JUST ADD TO TERI'S COMMENT, KEEP A RECORD OF WHAT MONIES COME IN AND WHAT MONIES YOU PAY OUT... I.E, INK, PAPER, EVEN YOUR COFFEE IS TAX DEDUCTABLE.
I have a set of boxes for you... please can you email me your addy?
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW VENTURE.
LOVE LYNX