Thursday, 20 August 2009

Bon Voyage


I have a triple challenge to enter this card for today.

First at Midnight Madness, I followed their sketch #15. The ribbon was a bit of a pain in the bum. I needed three pairs of hands to twiddle it and tie it round the brads at the same time!!

Next over at Digital Tuesday they want to see Male themed items, and a digital image somewhere on the card. I came up with a boat idea, but didn't know what to do with it until I saw the theme at Spoonful of Sugar. The theme there is 'Travel' this time.

Eurekka! Travel + Boats = 'Bon Voyage' card to me.

Next job, to find a decent digi-image of a sailing ship/boat of some description. Nothing jumped out at me wherever I looked, so it was 'to the drawing board' for me.

I had a rough idea of what I wanted, so started scribbling, and the result you can see on the card.

I will be making this image available soon on my new blog, Delicious Doodles, where I have recently started selling some of the images I have been creating. Check it out!

12 comments:

PaperCrafty said...

Great card Teri!! Love the dimension of the ship.

Saskia said...

Great card Teri!

Saskia :)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Card,Thanks for joining us at ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Beth said...

Ooh, what a fantastic image! Great colouring too!

Beth xx

Secret Crafter said...

Fabulous Teri. Hugs, Wendy x

Paula said...

Fantastic card...beautifully colored, love the theme!
I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Wendy said...

Super great Teri!! I have left you a little something over at my blog!!

Emma said...

Fantastic card and colouring.
Thanks for joining us at DTC & good luck.
Emma x

Juls said...

fab male card! love it!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Teri - this is so cool looking! i just bought it!! LOL I have a project I am working on and needed a big ship! Lucky me to have found you! Also thank you very very much for the kind award! I'm glad that you like visiting and hope you come back again regularly!

Kelly Landers said...

Dang! With your talent you would never have to buy another stamped image! If you want something you can just draw it! That is so amazing! Your ship is fabulous!

Maria Matter said...

Teri this is truly gorgeous! I love that ship...wonderful design!
I'm so glad you could play along with us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge! Blessings, Maria