Saturday, 25 July 2009

Winter Wonderland - Tree Ornament




Well folks, here is my very first offering as part of the Design Team over at Winter Wonderland: http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.com/. Why not hop on over and have a look-see.

Every week there is a theme for you to follow, and this week there are some goodies to win too!

This week the theme is to make a Christmas Tree Ornament.

I decided to get into my loft and find a decoration that I had which was a fold-up star shape. I thought it would be easy enough to follow the pattern of something already workable.

Turned out a bit more complex than I thought.

It involved making a pattern for two shapes, cutting them out fourteen times each and folding each in half, before assembling into seven pieces that were stuck together from the base to the middle. Then I joined them all up with two large gold coloured jump rings by making holes in the bottom of each shape set.

After that I unfolded all the shapes which makes the star form. Last job was to secure in position, which I did with some organza ribbon threaded through a couple of holes punched in the top. I decided to add a bit of decoration to it by sticking an organza bow to the middle of the shape.
Hope it is good enough. . .

5 comments:

Teri said...

WoW! It sounds like a lot of work Teri, but it is absolutely stunning!

Teri xx

Pascale said...

Teri this is so striking I think it was worth all that hard work and is a centrepiece on it's own. I adore it. Hugs Pascale

Lynda said...

Teri this is just stunning - I wouldn't know where to start! I've just looked at your blog for the 1st time and I just love it. You have an amazing talent, needless to say I will be popping back often. Congrats on the Design Team calls - very well deserved!

Love Lynda xxx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Oh my this is super stunning I love it, so worth the hard work. First time for me on your blog & I will be back for sure. No wonder all the DT's have snapped you up!!!

Hugs

Sarah

Anne said...

As soon as I saw this Teri it blew me away!! OMG, the detail is immaculate!! I absolutely LOVE it!!

Hey you! Well done on all your DT Offers! What a bloomin' week for you - extremely well deserved though, and big Congratulations from me! {{HUG}} xx