Friday, 17 July 2009

C.R.A.F.T. challenge and DT entry


Just one challenge today.

This one I am entering in the C.R.A.F.T. challenge: http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/, which this week is to come up with a card which is an unusual shape, no squares or rectangles allowed!! They are after a couple of Designers for their Design Team, and I am hoping they might consider me for one of them. . .

I made this card for a friend's birthday that I had forgotten (oops!), naughty me. . .

No templates were used for this card, I don't tend to use them much as they cost such a lot! I spent quite a while doing different Elly shapes until I got this one which I liked. Then it was a case of finding the right colour in my stash. The card is actually a very light greyish blue with a leather effect, just right for an elephant skin texture.

A couple of googly eyes and a bunch of flowers to finish off. . . just the trick.

Now I have to come up with an excuse for forgetting. . . (any ideas?)

6 comments:

Hope Jacare said...

Great card - fab Elephant - late because so much time and effort went into creating it....had to be perfect! Thanks for playing at C.R.a.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Saskia said...

Oooooh.... you know I LOVE cute cards... as this one!!! You've done some lovely work!!!! Everything is so perfect, texture, shape, colours,....

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT-challenge! And good luck with the DT-call!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Anesha said...

Great card, and well done on the shape. Thanks for taking part in the CRAFT challenge. Anesha

Julie said...

A great shape, and you've used the exact right colour and texture card for the elephant.
Thanks for taking part in the CRAFT challenge and good luck with the DT call.
Julie x

Trimgym said...

Great card Teri, thanks for joining as at CRAFT this week and good luck (also with the DT)

Love,

Jo.

rozzy said...

I just love this card
hugs rozzy xx